Thursday, October 7, 2010

A very wierd Thursday..and an interesting happiness

You ever have one of those days where you feel like you are dreaming? That your body is laying in bed still, and you're just dreaming the entire day? And as you walk through the day, everything weird that COULD happen, does? I'm having that sorta day today.

It all started last night actually, I had the darnest time going to sleep. I busted my butt off yesterday working to clean the house, and I was pretty darned proud of myself. I cleaned all day long (except a few random breaks to blog and stuff) I stopped around 5:30, when I started cooking. I prepared a really good meal, washed dishes, and once Stephen was in the bed, I was exhausted, I just wanted to shower and go lay down with my husband and watch tv and pass out, but once I did all that, I woke up, Jesse had fallen asleep before I did, and even once I turned the tv off I laid there for hours wide awake, plus I was too cold, or too hot. I finally fell asleep about 3am, one hour from which the alarm was set to go off for Jesse to wake up. I *think* I have a vague memory of the alarm going off, but I'm not sure. Usually I wake up with him and end up staying up, or at least set the alarm for a later time to when I need to be getting up to get Stephen up. But I have no memory of any alarm, maybe a fuzzy recollection that I couldn't testify to, so no alarm reset, no wake up. I jerked awake, from a nightmare of all things, at 6:45am. Stephen needed to be at the bus stop by 7:06am. In a fog I get stephen up, get out the door, and get him on the bus safely.

Head back inside, where I don't really remember what I did, I think I got on the computer? I don't know. Shortly after that, I get a knock on my door. It's the septic tank guy. After a few hours of haggling with my landlord, which is a whole other rant, and part of the reason i'm in a uber bad mood that a mop can't fix..he finally leaves.

So I go get on my clean nicely made bed, and pull Stephens huge down comforter I just washed to prepare for the winter on, and settle down to relax with Army Wives, started watching an episode where the main character was just diagnosed with diabetes and has to get insulin shots and everything, and basically has a meltdown over it, and the entire time i'm thinking..lady..its JUST diabetes, seriously! you have a cushy life with a husband who's a bigwig in the army, you haven't had to work a day in your life, you live in a posh house, with anything you want and you're having a meltdown over diabetes? I was just about to push the eject button in disgust when I heard a huge racket out in the living room, and my dog goes shooting out of her comfy spot next to me, and hauls butt out there.

I go out there..and to my complete and utter surprise..I discover something that I don't think too many people discover in their house..scampering under the couch, with my cat diligently stalking it..was...*drum roll*.......




The poor little guy was so terrified. I have no idea when he got in, I'm thinking yesterday when I was cleaning house, because for a few minutes Candy (my pit bull) was staring at the dishwasher in complete fascination. And sniffed it like crazy. (there's a tiny hole next to the bottom of the dishwasher, jesse installed the dishwasher himself, tore out cabinets to put it in, but the size and shape of the washer didn't allow a complete re-installation of the wood without buying more wood and dealing with sizes and fitting and all that other BS that we don't have the money for.
Anyways. So after I saw him run under the couch, I dealt with my cat who wouldn't stop stalking the poor guy, surely to pounce and play with it until it dies a horrible death (my cat is a bird murderer, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a squirrel murder too). Then I pulled the couch out and snapped a picture, I opened the front door, thinking if I pull the couch out, he would see freedom and run for it. When I went to go drag the couch out further, he dragged himself along with it, so I pushed the couch back, he went with it, after going back and fourth a few times with the couch, he finally scampered out from underneath the couch and curled up next to the lamp. He was so tiny, and so very terrified, shaking and shivering, after sitting there a few minutes, trying to figure out how I was going to save his life. I had all sorts of thoughts going through my head, if I tried to pick him up, would he bite me then I die some savage death of rabies? If I got the broom and sorta shooed him out the door, would I kill him? He was so tiny, just a baby. Screw it, I'm gunna see what he does if I pet him. He let me pet him for a very long time, I tried to calm him down and maybe he'd get up and run out the door, he wanted nothing of the sort, instead, he fell asleep! (see pictures) I pulled the lamp away from him and the poor guy covered his head with his tail. Okay then..what now? There was a clear path between him and the freedom of the outside world, but he was so terrified he didn't want to take it. Shoot I would be too if I had some psychotic cat stalking me with the intent of torturing me, and I was just a tiny thing. Finally, after a few minutes of telling him to run, shoo! I gave up, I picked him up, the poor thing was so scared, carefully carried him outside, across the street, and set him down, where he shot off like a bat outta hell. Yay. I wish him a long and prosperous life, live it wonderfully, have lots of little squirrel kids, and don't run out in front of cars. I told him so too, but I doubt he heard me, he was running as fast as he could to safety..but I wished it anyways.

My happiness of today..saving one of God's creatures from a horrible cruel death. and having the ability to be able to say that once upon a time, I petted and carried a squirrel..I always wanted to do that, but they are fast little creatures and would be hard to catch, plus I was afraid of diseases and rabies and me dying a horrible death just to pet the cutest little thing...but alas, I can check that off my list of things I've always wanted to do.



PS. Does anyone know any good lawyers that deal in a tenants rights? that would offer a free consult? preferably someone in Florida, or who would know a Floridian's rights? Thanks.

2 comments: