Thursday, October 14, 2010

My new role model

I've found my newest hero. For those that know me, know that I love dolphins, might have even seen the post I posted a week or two ago about watching the movie "The Cove" ever since that movie, I sign whatever petition I can, and actively read Ric O'Barry's blog here, I go to his website here.

Today I went on and read his blog, and saw him mention someone else was over in Taiji. Shes a racecar driver for NASCAR, her name is Leilani Münter, she shot pictures of a slaughterhouse. Ric mentioned her blog, so of course I followed up with it..and she's totally my hero. Not only is she a NASCAR driver, she's a total tree hugger. She's gorgeous, and from all appearances, is a really nice down to earth person that happens to care about the environment. Check out her site here shes part of "Athletes for a healthy planet" and was voted #1 eco athlete by the discovery channel. Her story is very inspiring, I wish that all those high paid multimillionaire athletes out there that moan and groan about not getting paid enough, would take a step down and take a look at one some of their peers are doing.

I'm so gunna find out when she's in daytona racing again and stalk her. seriously. she's.my.hero. period.

No comments:

Post a Comment