Tuesday, October 12, 2010

♥¤Spoiled¤♥

I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty lucky. I have a great guy for a husband. He has faults, we all do, and his faults are huge ones, and we're working on them. He's trying really hard, and I'm really proud of him for it. He treats me good, and he actually likes to spoil me...which brings me to my happiness of the day.

He spoils me sometimes. He came home one day with flowers, totally out of the blue, and surprised me. We don't get to do things like that often, due to money, our appreciation is usually shown other ways, or in words. But lets face it, every girl likes to be surprised with flowers now and then. He also likes to brush my hair. When I haven't had a haircut in ages, which it has been, ages..it tends to knot up very easily. I asked him if he could get the back one night, cause my hair is long and thick, and its just a plain pain in the butt to get the back part sometimes. He brushed the knots out, now sometimes he'll grab the brush and do it for me, without even asking. He also likes to paint my nails, and he does an excellent job. It's not his favorite thing to do, I can tell but he says he likes to pamper me. I tried to get a picture for my happiness post when he painted my nails the other night, but my camera battery died. I wonder if I took a poll how many people can say their husbands do this? Is my husband blowing a hole in the man code? He's not gay or asexual or metro-sexual or any of those whateveryoucallits..cause I think instead of holding a nail polish bottle he'd rather be holding something that gets grease under his nails, but I think he puts up with doing things like that, because he truly likes to make me feel special..and I do. Feel special that is.

I need to make some sort of promise or vow to myself, that when I'm seeing red and I'm ready to slap the stupid out of him, I need to take a step back, breathe, and try to hold on to these mushy feelings and good moments that we share. I'm going to really try and work on that one.

1 comment:

  1. Yup..you do have a good husband even with faults ad you do also, I'm excited and less stressed that you two are doing okay. Glad to hear that you two are pampering each other, need to keep the spark up. Its a whole lot of work to keep a marriage going, but if you two are going on like this you'll be okay, then I'll be okay to know that you two are happy.

    ReplyDelete