Monday, October 25, 2010

Silence, EBay and a throbbing foot

**warning** punctuation doesn't exists in this post, nor does capitalization, so if you are a sucker for those things..sorry about your luck. its 2am and im waiting on tylenol pm to kick in*

This weekend was a busy one for me. Typical of the past few weeks, by the time friday rolled around I was ansy and ready to get out of the house. My poor husband who works long hours and has chronic insomnia and only averages maybe 2-3 hours of sleep at night..he takes the car during the day, leaving me stranded and cooped up..so I bite my lip when he gets home about wanting to go here and there, but usually by friday I can't take it anymore, I feel like im going to burst. He got bomboarded friday. and in all honesty I don't really remember what I did friday. LOL I remember we left Stephen in the care of our neighbor for 15 minutes, we hopped on his motorcycle and roared around for a few..that was fun.

Saturday we hit the streets, major errands..we left the house with a list of places we needed to see and do..and didn't end up going to any of them, except one..and by the time we got done with that place, I think we'd added a few places to our list. we drove the 45 minutes it takes to get into Daytona and went to the first place on our list. Home Depot. then from there we headed to the mall, but to our surprise they had a classic car show going on, but it wasnt really all classic old cars, there were some "dream" cars, like vipers and '11 mustangs, and supped up stuff. but I was all about the classic car..the "muscle" ones. and im partial to old style trucks, don't ask me why, I just am. and of course I went gaga over two cars that were replicas of the classic show "knight rider" my husband had drool over his chin the entire time and even stephen was getting into the spirit of things, it was a nice show. I wish I'd thought to bring my camera with me, but when we left the house we were just going to a few places. So after this show we went and browsed books a million, then petco and some other places.. by then it was hitting 5-6pm, we'd left the house early in the day too. my feet were tired from walking around and shopping and price checking for a project that jesse and I will be working on for stephen for christmas (we're building him a treasure chest/toy box)

Stephen, for being such a super kid, and being totally awesome with his listening skills while mommy and daddy were shopping and browsing..got to bring home a few fish. he helped daddy set up the tank, and put the decorations where he wanted them, and learned how to feed them, and what not to do with them. 24 hours later they are still alive. he wants to decorate his tank with pirate things (its just a small 10 gallon tank) so we started off wtih a cheap pirate figure and a few guppies. which he paid for with his own money (of course he'll get the money back when he does something good) we sat down and reached a agreement that each week or so, if he does all his chores, listens, and is good in school, he can get another pirate item to add to his fishtank. he's very excited about this project of his. here's to hoping that this will last more than a few days.

so today we ended up getting up and destroying our garage..totally took everything out, and swept and cleaned and reorganized and put things back in nice. i took pictures of some of the bigger things so I can list them on craigslist. I am exteremly tired, and very sore. my feet were killing me all day, i thought maybe it was a residue from walking yesterday, and being cooped up in the house I dont get much walking excercise as I did yesterday. but now its midnight and my ankle is THROBBING. its swollen and it hurts, every time I close my eyes i feel the hearbeat in the ankle. so I am online..christmas shopping of all things.

Stephens huge into story time now..we're starting to get out of the "rockababy" phase and we're entering the story time phase. every night i've read him a few books. my dad had gotten him a pirate adventure book thats part of a series, so im on ebay lookin to see if they have books 1-5. or anything else. I hope the story time phase lasts a long time. with his great grandmothers love for reading, and his mothers love for reading, I hope that gene gets passed down. he doesnt have to be a bookaholic like me..but i hope that he learns to love the adventures you can have in books.

ok im so going to bed now. night all

No comments:

Post a Comment