Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Favorite time of year

I'm waiting on Stephen to get home, the AC is off, every window and door in the house is open, it's warmer right now because its midday, but at night and in the morning, its beautiful. It's my favorite time of the year. Most people who know me think that Summer or Spring would be, cause that's the time I would usually start hitting the beach or pool, I'm a total wateraholic. But it's not, I love the feeling of the cool breeze, the clean air, snuggling up in bed in the morning, it's the best time of year. The most stressful, but the best. If I could find a picture to post for the Happiness thing, I'd so do it for the fall feeling, but I live in Florida, we have no season changes, the trees stay green all year round.

Today, has been a weird day. I missed the bus. For some reason my alarm didn't go off today, I don't know if I slept through it, or what, because it works, I checked it when I woke up. I woke up at 7:15am, just in time to run into stephens room yelling at him to get dressed, the bus hadn't come yet. by the time we got his clothes on, I was still undressed, and the bus was sitting outside ready to pull off. And so we missed the bus. Total freakout moment for me, because I had NO way of getting Stephen to school. So I ran outside hoping to catch one of the bus mommies, most of them are really nice and probably wouldn't mind giving me a ride, except I missed the bus mommies too. It was a frickin conspiracy. But I was determined. my next course of action was to go to every single door on my street and offer 20 dollars (and hope that they don't accept that offer out of the niceness of their hearts, because I didn't have 20 dollars) if none of them could do it, I was going to walk a few blocks west of my street and ask Super-mommy to help. Super-mommy is what I call one of the bus mommies. She's got a thing for superman, and is always wearing a superman shirt, she has a superman symbol on the back of her truck, she's given me a ride down the road to Kelly's a few times (the local stop and shop down the road, its a bait store that has the normal convenience store type stuff).but I was going to knock on every door in my vicinity first. My first stop was my neighbors house next door. She's totally awesome, sometimes she surprises me by mowing my lawn, cause our lawn mower was stolen ages ago, and we have no way of mowing it. Surprisingly, she agreed to give us a ride. YAY! and she wouldn't take 20 bucks either! score! so Stephen was off to school.

My chicken has taken over my house, right now she moved her egg laying spot to Stephens room. She's kinda taken over Stephens room, if I go and attempt to disturb her as shes preparing herself for her egg laying, she will NOT be happy with me. So my plans for the day WERE to go organize Stephens room. I'm thinking I'll wait until tomorrow. And so now, after I'm done with this, I will go get Stephen, then come back and finish up my coupon cutting, and shopping trip planning.

So, for today, my happiness, is...(and I totally cheated and stole this picture off of some website on the internet, I don't have transportation I can't exactly get there)


CVS is the BEST store around, I swear. They make it annoyingly easy to get free stuff. All you have to do is get one of their little cards (or two or three, if you feel like you can organize your stuff real well) spent a tiny bit of money a week on newspapers, some more time cutting out coupons, reading the sunday flier of ads for CVS, then going to the store. If you plan your shopping trip very carefully, most of the time you can walk away with a profit. They have this wonderful gift called Extra Care Bucks. they have sales weekly if you buy certain things, you get a certain amount of extra carebucks back to use towards your next shopping trip. Most of the time you can find those items have a coupon in the paper, plus CVS loves to have coupons like $5 off of $15 visit or something like that, then you have previous extra care bucks from a previous visit, and you can spend something like .13 cents and walk away with something like 15 dollars in extra care bucks to use towards your next trip. It's the most awesome feeling in the world, knowing that all the shampoo and razors and things that you would normally need to buy, were free!

No comments:

Post a Comment