Monday, October 18, 2010

Could a chicken be psychic?

I wasn't feeling well last night, bad digesting of last nights dinner I guess. So I pretty much pulled an all nighter. After a morning of dealing with the phone and hearing messages like "we're sorry all agents are helping other customers please try your call again later" and being online researching the ins and outs of unemployment, and getting more and more confused, I got a headache. So I decided to set my alarm and get a few hours of sleep while I wait for a load of laundry to wash.

I had the weirdest dream. It's fading now, but it took place in another time, back in the day. I wasn't in the dream, I was more of a fly in the wall. There was a man with two little boys, they had a dog, looked like a golden retriever. Buncha stuff happened, very faded now..but anyways..i remember the little town was falling apart, the people in charge of the town were corrupt, and all the profits and nice things went to them, leaving the citizens of the town left in the dust so to speak. So the place was falling a part, the citizens were unhappy with the leaders of the town..at one point..a big storm happened, and a building was going to fall down on a bunch of people, the little boys and the dog were in there..the dog was the one to alert of the start of the collapse..and pretty much saved the little boys.. the chicken started showing up in my dream right about then..so the building was going to collapse, the boys were upstairs..the dog warned them and they all ran out..and they all escaped. except the dog and the chicken..after the dust settled we saw the dog come out, with the chicken on its back. After a revolt led by a town prostitute (with petticoats and all) the current "mayor" was upheaved from his post after saying all the nice things that were being auctioned off to rebuild the town should be set aside (so he could have them) the prostitute became the town mayor. (flash back to the boys and the dog) the dog got hurt in the collapse, and we are sad and crying because the dog dies. The chicken lives, and pretty much takes the dogs place, playing with the boys in the lake, and all sorts of fun things.

I wake up at that point..the dream had ended, credits were rolling (literally. it was very weird) and who do I see sitting on my bed next to me, staring very intently at me? my chicken. When I started the nap she was sleeping peacefully out in the living room on a towel. All the sudden the chicken takes a big part of my dream (probably about the time she decided to waddle back to the room and stare at me) I wonder if she saw my dreams and was upset that she wasn't a part of them, and decided to insert herself into the dream? This wasn't the first time this happened.. it was just the first time i'd been aware of it. I've told jesse several times that I had weird dreams with the chicken in them, but I've never made the connection of if she was around when it happened. It's a food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment