Saturday, October 9, 2010

My happiness for today

I missed yesterday, compared to my normal days, yesterday was dull and boring, absolutely nothing happened yesterday. It was quiet and uneventful. And I didn't get online much, my husband came home early and we ran some errands, ate dinner, then pretty much went bed, watched movies until he sacked out early then I went to bed shortly after that. We watched Memento, that movie had huge ravings and we were told it was an excellent movie. It was artfully done by the director, and left you with a million questions after you watched it. You have to watch it a few times to fully appreciate the messages in the movie. I thought it was a decent movie, but I wouldn't go nuts watching it over and over again like some people did (I got on the internet afterwords to find out exactly what was happening in the movie). We also watched Get Carter, with Sylvester Stallone in it, that too was a decent movie.

Since I didn't blog yesterday I skipped my happiness for the day..can we just leave it at the fact that I had a boring day yesterday was my happiness? I have no imagery for it, but the fact that there was no drama, no weirdness, nothing, makes me totally happy.

My happiness for today? Getting ready for the holidays. The other day stephen and I prepared for Halloween. To my recollection, i've never really decorated for halloween, but with Stephen growing older and knowing about the holidays, I wanted to decorate for him, and I'm sure I will decorate with Thanksgiving, and with Christmas as well. When he got home from school we set out with our decorations (go to CVS people..get a card and scan it at the kiosk, a coupon prints out to get $5 off of halloween decorations..most of their decorations are wicked cheap, like 1.99 or something, so Jesse and I got 10 dollars worth of free decorations) Stephen told me where he'd like things placed, and I decorated. it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. My ultimate hope is that the decorations will make up for the lack of holiday cheer this year, because with everything that has gone on, and the fact that my mom isn't here this year, and our lack of money for stuff, I don't know how well the holidays will go over. Anyways..so here's a picture (or two) of our final results.


Stephen is insanely happy with the results, and is very excited for halloween to come up, so I am happy too.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for stopping by.I am your newest follower!I love your decorations. They are perfect. AS for as money, there is loads you can do for cheap.We are in the same predicament,but its amazing what you can do with some really cheap ideas:) Happy Halloween!Happy Mothering!

    ReplyDelete