Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sappy Happy

I think today is one of those days that you wake up with birds singing lovely songs, the sun is shining just right, the weather is perfect, and all in nature is together with harmony. It's one of those days that you wake up snuggly comfy in bed, and instead of grumbling and complaining about waking up (especially if you are woken up with a chicken on your shoulder squawking loudly cause she wants to go outside and roll in the dirt) you wake up with a wide smile, and all is right in the world. I'm like that today..the reason? My husband. My beautiful wonderful husband. I'm not even annoyed that he's taken up more than half the bed and all of the pillows and covers. Instead, I'm feeling incredibly blessed..very sappy..and very much in love.

My happiness post..of course..is going to be about my husband. sorry! last night, we had a very rare date night. My dad took stephen, so Jesse and I took advantage. And when I say advantage, I mean it. We took showers, I *gasp* shaved. I blowed my hair dry, got out the dusty straight iron, and the stale makeup, I put on a dress that was slightly too small cause apparently I've gained weight (weight watchers, here I come!) and got out the gut sucking garter type underwear. I put on nice shoes, and my husband dressed up, in the very same outfit that I met him in, just because..it's that outfit. We have been talking about going to this restraunt for a long time now, only it's pricey. He called ahead and asked if there's a wait (I live near daytona, and if you are familiar..its Biketoberfest right now..meaning there's thousands and millions of bikers from all over in town right now) they told him..no wait. so. We decided to head that way. Hubby, bless his heart, grabbed the camera, and we were off, stopping by the bank and then heading back home because of course we forgot something, i forgot what, but eh..we set out again..the entire time we were silly gilly and complimenting each other on how nice we look, laughing about stories that we told, and talking about things.

Him driving us to the restaurant.
So attractive I know, but he was snapping pictures left and right cause he wanted to capture me in all my hotness:)

A better shot. Man my hair looks long in this picture..is it really that long?


We get there, and no wait..sat down immediately. We had the most lovely dinner, we were that annoying couple in the booth that sit in the same side snuggling while we read the menu. We went all out and didn't worry about the price. I got some kind of combination dinner, with snow crab legs, and fish, and shrimp and scallops and crab cakes and oysters (ugh oysters..neither one of us like them, but we tried on together just the same) he got new york strip steak, it came with a salad buffet, and rolls and sweet rolls. Our waiter was totally gay, but totally awesome, and very funny. When our food came, Jesse sat on the other side of the booth because he "wanted to look at me" and oh. my. gawd. the food. The food, was..indescribable. So good. I wanted to eat every bite, even when my stomach was full to the popping point because face it..it's not the same the next day. The snow crab legs were awesome, this restaurant had the BEST butter ever (yeah mom..my picky butter habits..but this place was AWESOME! it was buttery and salty and just RIGHT) the scallops were scrumptious and there were NO words for the crab cakes. The oysters got tossed aside, the shrimp was wonderful, the fish was okay..not very fishy tasting, but not bland. His steak, (we both like our steak bloody and rare) was just right. One of the very few restaurant that cook steak like you ask. And lemme tell you, it was the best steak i have ever set teeth on. We shared our food, and got our doggie bags, paid for our meal, and left. Outside we met the nicest biker who was willing and agreeable to taking our picture. He was from NC and has been coming down here every year since 1996. That's motorcycle dedication.



I'm a total CVSaholic, I'm one of those annoying customers that goes to the register with several transactions, coupons up the wahoo, and gushing about paying .84 cents for something that normally costs 25 dollars. My husband, puts up with it, and sometimes enthusiastically joins in. On our very first date we actually went to a CVS. Well..tradition continues. He took me to CVS! I love that man. And he followed me around with a cart while I flitted here and there grabbing things off the shelf with my list in hand and coupons at the ready. when I was done shopping, we went up to the register, and it was late at night by then, so the cashier was okay with my many transactions, and cool about pushing coupons through that weren't up to par. He tolerated my many questions about "how many people do this!? do you get a discount?!" that sort of thing. I had a cart FULL of stuff. and Jesse even allowed me to take over his CVS card and do a transaction with his name. And off we went.

We decided since we're splurging..why not go all out and stop by blockbuster. (im telling you, if I haven't snagged the man already, between CVS and movies..I woulda totally told him I was going to marry him) we picked out movies..we got Jonah Hex, Iron Man 2, and Date Night. Figuring we'd end the perfect night with a snuggle and a movie.

We get home, unload our goodies, and decide that we're kidless, let's not stop there. We get our comfy clothes on, I washed my makeup off, and snuggled up in a sweater (kinda chilly, and we'd decided to go down to the river..the wind and everything will make it cold) we got our dog, and set off for the dock. We snuggled together on the bench, looked at the stars, and talked about how we're glad we found each other. Looking at the stars made me feel so small, the universe is so gigantic, we CAN'T be the only ones out here. Our dog went nuts, she always goes nuts on the dock..I don't know if its the sound of her clicking nails, or the water, or what, she was just running around and going in circles and it was cute. We got lots of pictures of tonight.





Our dog Candy..aka Kujo for the night


Eye seeee youuuu. Eye've got my eye on youuuuu. MWHAHAHAH





I was moving the camera up and down trying to look at the cool colors. it's wierd how he's so still but the lights were moving. it turned out pretty cool.








So we left the dock after a while, came home, opened all the windows and turned the AC off cause it was nice and chilly, and snuggled up in bed with our movies. It was the perfect night, very relaxing, and with all the reminders of why I fell in love with him in the first place.



No comments:

Post a Comment