Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's been quiet.



It's been kinda quiet here lately. The days have been average..nothing too exciting..nothing too boring. my hubby is sick, so most of the time we have a easy night...he's miserable:( so i doctor him up with nyquil and put him to bed..then I tend to lay wide awake until the wee hours. today I made the mistake of taking a nap..because I woke up feeling miserable..so after I put stephen on the bus, I went back to bed for a few hours..i felt better when I woke up, but I still have a lingering headache. I don't know if it's allergies or what.

I finished one of the books I got in the mail..Blonde with a Wand. It was really good, I couldn't put it down. Definately a keeper, but I'd suggest reading her first few books first, it's not really a series, but two of the characters that were in her previous books showed up, so you have some background on the characters. I'm looking forward to her next book, it continues on with the story, the main character of Blonde with a Wand..her sister is featured in the next book. So this book was basically about a witch who was dating a guy who made her mad..she accidentally turned him into a cat. As a result, she lost her witch powers. For the next week, she had to figure out how to change him back without her powers. after a few days of being a cat, he was able to convert to human for a little bit a night. of course there was romance in it, but the book was really funny some parts had me cracking up.

I've started on The Phoenix Charm, had to take a break after Blonde with a Wand, another favorite author, Sherrilyn Kenyon came out with a new book in her Dark-Hunter series that I had to read. But I finished that one, so I'm starting on my other freebie. Only a few pages into it, but I think I will be enjoying this one too.

I've started actively Christmas shopping, browsing websites for ideas, and ebay of course. I put a bid on a few things. Someone is selling a bunch of childrens books that are Stage 1-4 in the reading catagory. Who knows if I will get it. Stephen is still going strong with his night time reading, he calls it "story time" it's really cozy, I lay down on his bed with him tucked against me listening to me and looking at the pictures. Plus he's learning to read, I'm hoping to instill the same love of books that I have, in him. I still want him to be all boy and tinker with things and sports and whatever, but at the same time, have respect for the written word. So maybe if I can win these books, and continue our new tradition of story time, it will help him not only to read, but to love to read, and also strengthen our bond. Even if I don't win them I still hope to be able to purchase a few books to give to him.

Just thought I'd check in..post a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment