Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The song remembers when...

To quote one of my few favorite country singers, Trisha Yearwood..

"I was standing at the counter
I was waiting for the change
When I heard that old familiar music start
It was like a lighted match
Had been tossed into my soul
It was like a dam had broken in my heart


The song remembers when
Yeah, and even if the whole world has forgotten
The song remembers when"

I was driving home today from the gas station when my radio popped up with a old favorite song of mine, I hadn't thought about the song in forever, but it used to be one of my favorites. And all of the sudden I wasn't driving my car in 2010, I was younger and in high school, full of hopes and dreams.. I'd heard Goo Goo Dolls "Iris" I loved that song.. it doesn't have any particular memory attached to it, its just one of those timeless classics that you listen to and it brings you back to the good old days..




I have a few of them, I'll always be fond of Hinder "Lips of an angel" or Mariah Carey "Someday" or Garth Brooks "Papa loves Mama" or George Straight "Forever and ever, amen" there's Debbie Gibson "Only in my dreams" or NKOTB "hangin tough" different songs, that if I hear them, bring me back to a certain point in my life. I don't know that I have a specific song for a specific lost love, or lost memory, my music tends to bring me back to points in life..a certain age, a certain feeling. I think its just wierd if you're driving a long, head full of To Do's and worries about today when something comes up on the radio, then all of the sudden you are somewhere else, feeling something else. When I got home I had to come on the internet and rehear the goo goo dolls song and then felt like posting. dunno why? random post here.

"And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"

No comments:

Post a Comment