Friday, December 17, 2010

Netflix and other randomness

Countdown time is crunching on the day that I will suspend my netflix account. Money woes. *sigh* Me and Netflix have been on very personal terms for so many years now. And its one of the few things that kept me sane, especially during 2am breastfeeding and late nights and boredom. And now, as money is getting insanely tight, tighter than I thought possible..it's starting to look like I may have to cut back on my one splurge to myself and my family each month. Netflix has been so good to me, and continues to be so good to me, in fact, I just discovered that they are very very rapidly putting out closed caption on a lot of movies in their instant streaming movie database, and I cannot tell you how excited I am about this. but it looks like we may be parting ways, right when netflix is starting to make it to my favoritest thing ever invented. (and yes, favoritest is a word, I don't care what you say!)

One of the top things on my christmas list, and one of the things im 100% sure I will not get..a nook. I want a nook. not just any nook, but the 3g wifi nookcolor. when they first started coming out with readers like that, I scoffed and swore I would never touch it. I love my books too much, the paper, the feel, the comfort of snuggling in bed with a light and book and the smell of a new book, or used book. I love browsing a book store. but darned if I dont feel that intense feeling of total desire of want for a nookcolor. I want one. DARNIT! the convenience of being able to browse and read a book while waiting in a 2 hour line of a angel tree line would be so totally awesome. being able to put it in my purse and dragging it out in the middle of a store or whatever, to read a few lines while waiting for someone to finish shopping? I hope that people always buy paper books, but at the same time, the awesomeness of being able to get a book at the drop of a hat in the middle of a parking lot, and reading it, it's just awe inspiring.

I've been job hunting. every job searching site out there has my resume. and I haven't had any biters yet. But today something very annoying happened. I got a phone call from some lady named Deb, in Jacksonville, who wanted me to attend a interview in lake mary on monday at 9am. she couldn't tell me what the hours, or what the pay was, she could only tell me that its a sales position. It all sounded very weird, she said she got my resume off of monster.com. so as soon as we hung up, I googled it, and came across a bunch of people talking about this, turns out its a big scam. I'm like wtf? WHY!? there are so many people out there who need a job, why would someone try and take advantage of people who are really trying? what if I drive all the way out to lake mary and find a bunch of people trying to get me to give them my money to buy some sort of time share or something. i dont understand it. It's completely incomprehensible to me how someone can sink that low? I don't know. maybe ill start up a scam like that. Ill call a bunch of people with a job interview and get them to come here where ill try and get them to give me money. I'd probably get shot.

And kudos again to my mother, because I dont know how she did the whole santa/christmas thing with me around. how she managed to work a full time job, be a single mom, even when she was married to my dad, and still manage to keep me surprised on christmas morning. i have a few toys here for stephen, and I really need to wrap them, i've moved my hiding spots all around the house every so often and trying to find a night to sit down and wrap everything is impossible. she always had the coolest stocking stuffers too, and there is just NO way I can possibly live up to that. I walked around walmart 500 million times and still couldn't find the coolest stocking stuffer ever. i miss my mom, im going to miss her super cool stocking stuffers this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment