Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hi, me again!

So..Christmas is on the verge of being here, and as prepared as I thought I might be, I'm not. I miss the days where I had no worries, my biggest worry was what present might Santa give me? Could I get away with eating one more cookie, and leave Santa one less? I haven't said it enough, but I really do give BIG kudos out to my mom, I have no idea how she did it. I was the most annoying greedy little girl ever, and I should apologize to my mom until my dying breath about it. I don't know how she was able to do it all, the buying, the wrapping, the hiding gifts. And I don't know if I just blocked the memories, but I have no memory of finding any presents from Santa, or being so astute to my surroundings that I questioned every little thing Santa did? Stephen has found one present from Santa, has questioned the Elf on the Shelf, and has a memory like you wouldn't believe..I don't know how I thought I could get away with passing one of his presents off as to his stepbrothers. A month after I bought it he still remembers the present, how could I possibly stick it under the tree and explain it away to Santa?

Today is my last day of peace and quiet. Today is it. Then I have a 5 year old all day long. If I end the two week period of 5 year old watching with hair left on my head, I will be very surprised. Yesterday he did do me proud though, I cleaned the living room and kitchen and mopped and swept and cloroxed my heart out, and Stephen "helped" needless to say, it might have been more productive if he HADN'T but at least he tried? I woulda cleaned more than just those two rooms if he was content with playing outside.

This month has been particularly rough on me, Christmas aside. And I am more than ready to get the year over with. I have a feeling next year won't be any less dramatic or stressful, but one hopes. Jesse (my husband) got into a car accident, with our only form of transportation. He walked away with a broken sternum, I'm happy it wasn't more serious..but my poor baby car walked away more damaged. The exterior was surprisingly good, but the engine has suffered. We needed to replace the radiator, we needed to replace the fan, we still need to fix the starter, the headlights (which work, but you have to drive with highbeams and one side is brighter than the other and the blinkers are weird), the airbag needs replaced, the seatbelts need unlocked, and we need to eventually replace the air conditioning. poor car. I love that car, she's amazing, it was the first car I bought on my own for myself that I bought because I wanted it. I had a saturn ion coupe before but it wasn't what I'd really truely wanted. my saturn vue was. The damage was minimal to what could have been done, I think she held up pretty good in the wreck. I think the accidents I've gone through with my vehicles, so far the Honda was the best, and the Saturn held her own also. So if you are car shopping, those two were commendable in a car accident. Jesse is doing okay, considering. He's gone back to work, and has been hard at work fixing the car..and he's doing it all with a broken sternum. I know that he's trying very hard, and I appreciate it.

I'm all typed out, it's cold in here, my fingers are freezing and its hard to type LOL. I will type later, I'd like to go back to blogging more on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment