Thursday, September 30, 2010

Save the Dolphins

I have just watched, the SINGLE most important, most moving, most disturbing movie I have EVER watched in my life. I like watching documentaries. One of them I picked up because it was about one of my most favorite things in the world, Dolphins. It's called "The Cove" I picked it up because of the content, it was about Dolphins. I didn't really realize what it was about exactly until I started watching it. I was hooked. But its not for the faint of heart. It's basically about a town in Japan, that actively slaughters dolphins. by the thousands, every day from September to March, located in an infamous cove, they drag dolphins back and slaughter them. It has coverups and mafia type fishermen that won't allow filming, so this team sneak in and set up hidden cameras and catch the act on film. It shows the team and what they put up with to get the film, so they can raise awareness of the subject. It was one of those films that as soon as it ends, you rush online to find out everything you can about how to help, what petitions to sign, how to spread the word. I'm fully ready to get on a flight to Japan and go cut some nets or something.




My part on this? I want to spread the word, at least to my small social circle. Maybe like the Pay it Forward phenomenon, if one person tells another person who tells another person, and so on..

some interesting links..

http://www.takepart.com/thecove

http://thecovemovie.com/

http://savejapandolphins.blogspot.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment