Thursday, September 30, 2010

AGH!? Seriously??

Jesse has been trying for a few weeks now to get a copy of his birth certificate from New Jersey. He's driving on a temp license until he gets it to bring to DMV to get his regular license. The problem is, we ordered it from NJ, sent a billion different forms to prove his identity, because online they say they DO take nonphoto ID if you send this that this and that. (the temp doesnt have a picture, its just a piece of paper) after a few emails back and forth and going up to the hardware store faxing this and that.. trying to get this thing started, we get fed up and call the people. They tell us NJ will not give him a birth certificate without a valid picture ID. Fine. I'm his wife, *I* will request the blasted thing. So they tell me to fax my drivers license. So we drive up again and fax the thing. the next morning I get a email saying my fax was too dark, to refax it. So I copy it on my scanner, email it to them. an hour later I get a email saying I need this form. fine. I send that form. an hour later I get a email saying that they've received everything, however they cannot validate WHY I am requesting this document, and they are now requesting proof that I am married to him, so I need to fax our marriage certificate to them. WTF?!?!? FINE! so I get that out, send that to them. This morning, after two weeks of constantly going and faxing and emailing and phone calls, I get a email from them saying they are delighted I ordered from them, however when they pushed my payment through it was declined. WELL DUH! I spent so much friggin money on faxing and gas to get the thing started, naturally I have NO money to pay for the thing! So..two weeks later, 100 trips to and from the hardware store/staples in daytona to fax, 30 something dollars of faxing money (yeah..its like..2 bucks a page! one fax I had to send SEVEN pages), 12 emails later (yeah I counted) I still have nothing to show for this. *sigh* *bangs head on desk* It'd probably be easier to obtain blueprints for Fort Knox than a simple birth certificate from New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment