Friday, July 23, 2010

The Library

I don't know how many people utilize the library out there, but Stephen and I have been become quite the library patrons we go every day.. he received his first library card. for a while there we would go to the Oak Hill library, its so tiny that it could fit in my living room. the ladies that work there are awesome and know us by name, and they have regular puppet shows and events. lately we've been going to the new smyrna library, its bigger. If I had the gas money I'd go to daytona. you can check out up to 25 items. 5 movies. and usually the library has brand new movies out. instead of paying 4.99 or whatever for blockbuster, we go to the library, and if theres a certain movie that is coming out, I can make it to the oak hill library and get it the day its released. me being a book lover, i tend to make the 25 limit. stephen goes crazy over the movies and the learning toys they have. they are little backpacks with games and toys in it. he loves them. and he thinks hes hot stuff walking around with a library card.

my latest obsession..I checked out season 1 disc 1 of The Closer.. man lemme tell you.. I absolutely LOVE that show. its the greatest show next to CSI las vegas and Law and Order SVU. its awesome. im on the fourth season, unfortunately thats the last season available at new smyrna beach library. ill have to figure out what next.

im told I tend to hide in books/movies when things get a little rough emotionally. I do..but thats not the only reason i like to read. i've read my entire life just about, for as long as I can remember i've had a book in my hand. ive been checking out books like crazy at the library too..sometimes i dont always get to read them and i have to return them but the library is awesome for books, obviously. I was thinking about it today as i was browsing the new releases. I know people like to buy certain books and keep them in their library, but sometimes it makes no sense to me why someone would spend 18-20 bucks on a hardback book, or 5-7 bucks on a softback book when they can simply go to the library, have the book for a month, and its free?

and the cool thing, every member of your family can have a library card..so if your husband, you and your kid get a library card, thats 75 things you can check out:P 15 movies:) for free! calculate all that as if you were spending the money and see how much money you save.

No comments:

Post a Comment