Sunday, December 3, 2017

Pensive today

There is a girl that I used to work with, still have her on my friends list on facebook, we still chat here and there.  She's a slight bit older than me, but not by a huge amount.  I knew she had a new scary cancer diagnosis recently, but today I read her blog, the story of the how, and I learned that she's got stage 4 breast cancer, that has metastasized to her spine and sacrum.  This is a woman that just a couple of years ago did Iron Man.

I know there are so many people in so many stages of struggles with health and cancer going through things right now.  I have a cousin that's done it several times, my stepmother is going through radiation, I have family that had cancer and passed, I see patients every day.   Reading Nicoles story though it just brought tears to my eyes, life is so precious.  To be so strong and capable of running/biking/swimming miles all day long, to hearing those awful words, its truly heartbreaking.  Cancer sucks.  I know she can beat this though.

I'm going to hug my son just a little bit tighter tonight, and tell him that I love him, just a few more times than my usual once, because tomorrow isn't promised, so much can happen.  If something does happen to me though, ever.  I want for my mom or my dad to have him, I know they did a wonderful job with me, that he will be just as cared for if not more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment