Saturday, April 13, 2013

My future Stephen King/Speilberg

  My favorite director, is Steven Speilberg (ET..enough said).  One of my favorite authors, is Stephen King.  I've always liked the name Stephen.  Perhaps thats why my offspring has that name.    One interesting thing though, about my offspring.  He's insanely creative.  He latches on to a story he's spinning, and he will really get into it.  His creativity sometimes astounds me.  absurd most of the time, but astounding.  some interesting doozies have come out of his mouth.

  I realized the other day, when stephen insisted on going to the mens restroom at a rest stop, that it's been over a year since we had the bad touch talk.  I was a nervous wreck at the rest stop, i know the ones in Daytona used to have stings in them all the time, for prostitution and truckers and all that.  I can only imagine him being in there, and some horny pervert taking advantage.  Since he's reached the age where he refuses to go into the women's restroom, or go pee around me really, i've let him go to the mens room, and i've always told him to scream, if something happens that he's not comfortable with, while i hover at the entrance.

  Anyways, so tonight I figured it was time to refresh our memory of bad touches, and not showing our stuff to people and that some things are private.  I asked him the usual questions, has anyone touched you, asked to see you, etc etc.  he answered in the negative, a huge relief of course.  Then I asked him if he remembered what the bad touch was and stuff like that.

  Oh my god.  his creativity kicked in.  He started explaining about how the bad touch is illegal, and against the law, and that when George Washington was president of the united states, back in the day, he would do the bad touch with some slaves, and abraham lincoln came along and made it against the law, and long story short (he got really winded with the details and how there was a war and people were exploding and stuff like that) he said that was the reason why everyone wanted to vote for him to be president, and now we have president obama, and its still illegal to do the bad touch.

*sigh* one question gave me 15 minutes of wayyyyy too much information about former president George Washington, history according to my 7 year old.

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute, but at least he knows what the bad touch is. Good for him and you for keeping him informed!

    ReplyDelete