Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Letter To My Son

To My Dear Son,
   As I am writing this, I am watching you curled up with your favorite blanket, the one that your grandmother and papa gave to me for Christmas  that became yours that very same day.  Curled up with your favorite teddy bear, that my friend Brooke gave to you for your first birthday.  A week from tomorrow you will be turning 8.  We have gone through so much together these past 8 years, you and I.  The choices I have made have not always been the greatest choices in the world.  I had to take a moment and write a letter to you, if something ever were to happen to me, I hope that you know that I have done my best to show you all the love in the world.  I have done my best to put you first, you're mine, you are my whole world, the love of my life.  God put me on this world for a reason, and I believe with all my heart, that you are the reason.  I may have left my mark in the lives of other people, but you, my dear son, are the mark I give to the world.

  You're far too young right now, to understand the hopes and dreams I have for you.  I hope that you succeed in life, that you become the greatness that I know you have the ability to achieve.  I hope that life doesn't kick you down, that you are able to hold on to yourself, the innocent little boy that loves everyone he meets, and has the ability to make anyone smile.

  No matter where life takes you, I fully expect it to take you far.  I hope you can overcome everything, all my bad choices, all that you have seen in your short life so far, overcome and go futher than i could ever hope and dream for you to go.  I know you can do it.  It's like when you tell me the problem on your homework is too hard, and you can't do it.  And I tell you, take a breath baby, and breathe.  Then try again. and you do, and you do it perfectly.
 
  There aren't enough words that I could type, to express how proud I am of you, the baby you were, the little man you are, and the little man you are becoming.  There are not enough words for me to express how much I love you, and I hope that you know that, and can remember that love as you look back on your childhood.  You and I are a team, I love you little guy.  I am so glad that I have you in my life.  Never forget that, no matter what.  I will love you, no matter what.
                                                                                             

                                                                                       Love Always,
                                                                                           Mommy

1 comment: