Thursday, August 15, 2019

Long time no talk!

It's been a while, busy year, lots going on, not much to really talk about on here, haven't felt the need to really.  Since my last post, I had my parathyroidectomy, which really cleared up a lot of symptoms I was having, from my knee to headaches to blood pressure, migraines have even gone away. 

The doctor I worked with the past 7 years, Dr. Dalton passed away in December, which was and still is a huge blow to me, I really miss him, every day.

Stephen and I are still truckin along, he's in 8th grade now, I still work where I work, I work with another doctor now, I've gone back to school to pursue my nursing degree, start my second class on monday, after that class I am done with my prereqs and I can apply for nursing school.

Stephen is 14 now, in his teenage years, and unfortunately it hasn't been all fun and games, his autism makes it really hard.  He's a good kid, but struggling emotionally, hormones and social and trying to cope with his inner anger and feelings in a world that doesn't conform to him.  It sucks, and I don't know how to make it better for him.  His school today has labeled him aggressive, and I get that on the outside looking at him its easy to stereotype, he's the kid that someone would point out as a sterotypical school shooter, but he would never do something like that, he's just socially awkward, he loves all things army, so he dresses head to toe in army gear.  He would never hurt anyone deliberately.  He had a bad day today, and it didn't end well.  I don't know what is going to happen in the future, if he will be able to stay at the school or not, I just know that if he doesn't get to, it's going to turn into a whole world of tears.  I worry for his future, I want him to be happy, and have a great future.  This whole thing sucks. 

I just wanted to ramble a little bit, I forgot about this blog until today.  I don't really feel like writing any more, but I hope that I'll remember to keep writing from here on out more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment